Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Great Gatsby Chapter 6

Chapter 6 of The Great Gatsby was a good chapter. You know that you are popular when a reporter goes to your house all the way from New York. In this chapter, the true past of Jay Gatsby is finally revealed! I thought it was going to be more interesting than it actually was; I was expecting that he actually was son of Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany. Mr. Gatsby was actually born as James Gatz and from North Dakota. I just thought it was so interesting that he came from there; Nick then tells how Gatsby moved up to the shores of Lake Superior to fish and dig for clams. I just thought it was so ironic how there was a yacht that Jay decided to warn, and find out that the owner, Dan Cody, kept him and took him all around the continent. I thought that it was also horrible when Cody’s mistress didn’t allow Gatsby to have his $25,000! Tom also arrives to visit Gatsby. I just thought that Gatsby was uneasy. Daisy also decides to go to one of Gatsby’s Saturday parties. Tom comes to keep an eye on Daisy, and he even tries to convince her that Jay actually is a bootlegger. I just thought that was really Tom’s jealousy speaking, and I also believe that Tom was trying to defend his marriage to Daisy by coming. After the party, Gatsby talks to Nick how Daisy wasn’t happy. Nick tells him that the past can’t be relived, but Gatsby says otherwise. I just wonder how Nick actually knew what happened when Gatsby and Daisy first kissed. Other than that, I found this chapter to be a step in the right direction toward Gatsby’s story how he got rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment